skip to content »

Brevarddating com

brevarddating com-44

Injunctions for Protection can also be enforced by the police.Any person who is the victim of Repeat Violence, or the parent or legal guardian of any minor child who is living at home and who seeks an injunction for protection against repeat violence on behalf of the minor child, has standing in the circuit court to file a sworn petition for an injunction for protection against repeat violence.

Issues of visitation and support may be referred to the General Master if more time is required. You should address the judge as “Your Honor” and try to remain calm.This court, for example, may order a parent to pay child support, or it may order that the children not be removed from the state without approval of the court.If a civil order is not obeyed, the judge may hold a violator in contempt of court, which may result in a fine and/or imprisonment.A short Return Hearing is held before a judge within 15 days of the Temporary Injunction.Both parties (you and your abuser) have the right to appear.You must appear, or the injunction may be dismissed.

If you’d like a Serene Harbor advocate to appear with you, please call 321-726-8282 at least one week in advance of your return hearing.

Or call a courthouse in your area regarding filing an Injunction for Protection. There is no fee for filing an Injunction for Protection.

To file an Injunction for Protection you must appear in person in the Clerk’s Office at any location weekdays, a.m. You (the petitioner) will be asked to describe in the petition the actual incidents of abuse, injuries, threats of violence, stalking, kidnapping, or false imprisonment, as well as the approximate dates.

Serene Harbor’s legal advocates are available in both civil and criminal court for support and help through the legal process.

For more information, call the HELPLINE at 321-726-8282 and ask for a legal advocate.

Permanent Injunctions are valid and enforceable in all states after service by law enforcement, but each state has special rules regarding enforcement of out-of-state Injunctions.